Here are a few pictures from Charlotte’s party yesterday at our house. It was a small, simple gathering with only about ten guests. There was nothing extravagant or special about this party except for the company, which was actually really nice. We bought the cake, we bought the food, and the only decorating I did was writing Happy Birthday on our kitchen chalkboard.
The highlight of the afternoon for Charlotte was obviously opening the gifts (and then immediately playing with them).
The cake-devouring aftermath:
This Breyer stable set from Mimi was the piece de resistance of the afternoon. Charlotte’s playing with it right now as I’m typing. Mimi, we missed having you here this year! :(
Charlotte and Madeline had a great time playing. And they actually played together some, which is practically a first after all this time as friends. Madeline helped Charlotte open her presents, too!
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it to Charlotte’s party yesterday and being a part of these already-cherished memories! Charlotte is lucky to have family who will drive a few hours to spend her birthday with her! (And thanks to Amy for some of these pictures I stole!)
This year I am starting a new birthday tradition that I hope to continue for many birthdays to come. I saw this idea about a year ago on Pinterest (from this blog), and just knew I’d want to try it with Charlotte. Each year I’ll ask her the same twenty questions, write down her answers, and compile them into some sort of book for her to look through when she’s older. It will be fun to see which responses change and which stay the same.
This year, she understood all of the questions, but some of her answers are a little strange and not true. For example, her favorite song is not “Lalaloopsie.” That’s a show that she’s seen but once months ago. I asked her the question a few times though and this is the answer she kept giving me. Ha. Ultimately, I think it’s most fun just to hear what she says, regardless of whether these are really all her true favorite things.
- 1. What is your favorite color? Orange
- 2. What is your favorite toy? Mama neigh-neigh
- 3. What is your favorite fruit? Grapes
- 4. What is your favorite tv show? Horseland (She actually never watches this dumb show anymore! yay!)
- 5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Cookies
- 6. What is your favorite outfit? Princess dress (Ha, yeah right!)
- 7. What is your favorite game? Hide and seek (TRUE x 100)
- 8. What is your favorite snack? Fruit
- 9. What is your favorite animal? Horsie
- 10. What is your favorite song? Lalaloopsie
- 11. What is your favorite book? The dinosaur book (Which one, Charlotte? You have about 50!)
- 12. Who is your best friend? Madeline
- 13. What is your favorite cereal? Oats (??)
- 14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play tractors
- 15. What is your favorite drink? Milk
- 16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
- 17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Neigh-neighs, dinosaurs, pink blankie
- 18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Spinach and eggs
- 19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Spaghetti
- 20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher (Awww.)
A few other cute things about Charlotte as a just-turned-three-year-old:
She loves dip. Guacamole, mustard, catsup, ranch dips, humus, you name it. We pretty much always have humus in our fridge, so Charlotte eats that a lot. She calls it Thomas.❤
If you’ve spent some time with Charlotte in the last three or four months, you’ve probably seen this face. We call it her one-sided pout. It’s her whine/pout face, and it always makes us laugh.
“What that is?” A simple little mistake that I just love.
Okay, well it looks like I covered all my blogging for the month! hehe. Four times in a week – I haven’t blogged this much in ages it seems! I wouldn’t get used to it. :)